Courses can be used to simply increase your knowledge and confidence, or as a progression to the RYA/MCA Certificates of Competence which are recognised by maritime authorities worldwide. Most courses take place over two days. By taking your course at an RYA Recognised Training Centre, such as Haven Banks, you can expect to be taught by an experienced, qualified instructor.

Please also be aware that if you plan to charter a boat abroad an International Certificate of Competence (ICC) is required. Courses are programmed within our Adult Evening and Weekend brochure and courses can also be run by request. Please contact us for more information or to arrange an RYA course.


View Our Events

Get Afloat with Haven Banks

Is it for me?
If you have the urge to be out in the fresh air, explore new places and a love for speed, then RIBs and sports boats are for you. Either with friends or family, you’ll be amazed by your opportunities as nothing is very far away with the power and speed of a RIB or sports boat beneath you.

Learn at Haven Banks

RYA Powerboat Courses are a great way to get to grips with the basics of driving sports boats and RIBs and can help you to feel confident when taking your first trip and beyond. Also some insurance companies insist on drivers having certain qualifications so it is useful to have some training under your belt.


View Our Course & Events