Exeter's Historic Canal and Quayside offer extensive recreation and leisure opportunities for families, friends, groups and individuals. Haven Banks itself boasts an unrivalled waterfront state-of-the art facility on Exeter's historic Canal and Riverside.
The Centre is within easy walking distance of the City Centre and train station, with the National Cycle network literally on the doorstep.
Haven Road Car Park provides parking for cars, minibuses and coaches and is just a five minute walk from the Centre.
A little further afield and within easy reach by vehicle, other venues used to pursue adventures include the Exe Estuary, Haldon Hill, South & North Devon Coastlines and of course Dartmoor & Exmoor National Parks. In fact your adventure opportunities are not restricted to Devon alone as we also provide adventure expeditions across the country.
Haven Banks Outdoor Education Centre provides a contemporary hub for outdoor and adventurous activities, training, lecturing and corporate conferencing.
- Reception area and lobby.
- Two "break out" social spaces, each with a balcony looking over the waterside.
- IT Suite with 24 work stations.
- 23 metre tower for abseiling, top and bottom rope climbing & Powerfan descents.
- Replicated and realistic artificial caving system with 50 linear metres of passageways, chamber sump and cave formations.
- Realistic rock climbing wall with 196 sqm of climbable surface, 12 re-routable routes, with lead.
- Changing facilities for 120 students. Including separate family, teacher and leaders changing facilities.
- Four state-of-the-art training rooms, from 48-101 square metres allow teaching, conferencing and meeting space for 24 – 80 delegates per room. Each room provides interactive whiteboards and full IT/AV.
- Kitchenette to training room 1 & 2 allows for refreshments and lunches to be served during conferences or training.
- Wet Training room with 55' LED TV, PC & AV for theory based and reviewing sessions straight from/to the water.
- 45m long pontoon fronting the canal provides extensive launching facilities for kayaks and canoes, including: easy access and specialist kayak/canoe berth for wheel chair users and soon to include a "Kayak Rolling Platform".
- Dedicated service yard for equipment, trailers & Centre vehicles.
- Granite paved open space and canal side footpath, ideal for sunny summer day luches and breaks between activity sessions.