- This event has passed.
Adult British Canoeing – Paddle Explore Course (Intermediate). 4 Days. Day 2 of 4.
May 5 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
Paddle Explore Course
Your Explore Award gives you ownership; allowing you to choose where you move next in the world of paddlesport. Working with a coach you will be able to develop a programme that suits what you need. Learning to make confident choices with this individualised approach. Recognising your ability to independently paddle your chosen craft in a sheltered water environment.
What is the Explore award?
If you want to become independent on the water, go on self-guided adventures and know how to control your craft and stay safe on the water, this is the award for you. If you’ve never been paddling before, it might be worth starting with the Start and Discover awards. In this award you will take ownership of your own decisions and learn to make confidence choices, based on the places you paddle, wind and weather.
Who is it for?
Anyone can take the Explore award. Designed to help you gain confidence on the water, it is aimed at any craft, age and ability.
What does it involve?
There’s a strong emphasis on independence with this award, and the Explore award will fill in the gaps of knowledge you might have so you can get out paddling safely on an adventure! The award covers areas like:
- On the water etiquette and how to share the space with other water users
- Different environments you can paddle (lakes, rivers, canals, estuaries)
- Controlling your kayak, canoe or SUP safely
- Clothing and equipment needs for different environments and weather
- Safe exploration
Completed your Explore Award session? Great! You’re ready to get out and have some fun! As a starting point, why not think about:
- Progress on to a British Canoeing Personal Perfomance Award
- Heading out on a Paddle Trail
- Plan a multi-day adventure or take on a challenge route
- Make use of your new found planning skills and create your own adventure
Paddle Explore (Syllabus).
View further information on our British Canoeing Paddle & Personal Performance Awards Page.